- Category: Uncategorised
Design for Manufacture and Assembly
DFMA is a systematic methodology that reduces the manufacturing cost through reduction in the overall parts of the product and it involves redesigning the product parts, so the product will be easy to handle and assemble
DFMA is a technique that integrates Design and Manufacturing aspect of the product at the drawing board stage itself. It uses Functional analysis and classifies the essential components and the non-essential components which can be eliminated or combined with other component within the product assembly. It selects and plans proper joining methods for assembly and analyzes each component with respect to feeding, gripping, insertion & fixing operations to ease the manufacturing and assembling of the product.
- Chief Designers
- Industrial Designers
- Product Designers
- Design engineers
- Tool designers
- Quality engineers
- Process engineers
- Time-to-market awareness will be created among the Designers & Engineers.
- The participant will be able to design the product with least number of parts.
- Participants will be provided an insight in to the manufacturing problems.
- The participant will be able to design a product with optimum material and manufacturing operations.
- Designers will develop knowledge on cost consciousness & an awareness of Designers’ accountability in product design lifecycle will be created.
- Public training program - 2 day detailed course
- In-house training program - Customized as per requirements.